Access to support for students at the FE colleges in Hereford

Hereford Sixth Form College

Sixth Form College students can access specialist alcohol support or advice through Student Services Reception, through the Student Information Service in our Student Services Centre (H4), through the College Nurse and through the College Doctor.

Herefordshire College of Technology

HCT students can access information through the student website, student diaries, and Student Information Service on both the Hereford and Holme Lacy campuses.

Hereford College of Arts

Art College students can get information from Student Information Services and the College`s Academic Counsellor. There is also useful information provided on moodle and in the Student Handbook and Academic Diary.


Links to Organisations in Herefordshire who can help you with alcohol issues

Zig ZagZig Zag - Herefordshire's very own countywide Young Person's Substance Misuse Service, works on a one-to-one basis with 13-19 year olds offering structured intervention, targeted education, harm reduction advice, information and support around drugs and alcohol.Connexions Service Herefordshire, 6/6a St.Peters Street, Hereford HR1 2LF Tel 01432269404 Trevor: 07966890897 Ruth: 07815178121

YOUTH SERVICE Advice, support and activities for young people Tel: 01432 383370 or email or visit:

SCHOOL NURSE If you are at school you can contact your school nurse

CLD Youth Counselling Trust Counselling therapy for 11-25 year olds Tel: 01432 269 245 Web:

CAS - Community Alcohol Services 48 Gaol St, Hereford HR1 2HU Tel: 01432 357825

Family Drug Support - confidential support for families who are concerned about possible or actual drug use in the family from this Herefordshire based charity Tel: 01981 251155

Herefordshire Community Safety and Drugs Partnership Tel: 01432 383523

Schools Support Officers Herefordshire Division of West Mercia Police Tel: 01432 364556

Connexions - advice to young people. 6/6a St.Peters Street, Hereford HR1 2LF Tel: 01432 269404 Web:

PSHE resources Sue Hall, Health Information Centre, Herefordshire PCT (Asda Site), Belmont Road, Hereford HR2 7JE Tel: 01432 382190


Links to National Organisations who can help you with alcohol issues


CRUSH is an awareness raising and support programme to help young people make safe and healthy relationships

Frank Information and confidential email or telephone advice on alcohol and drugs Tel: 0800 776600

Drinkline For confidential telephone help and advice on alcohol related issuesTel: 0800 917 8282

Alcohol Concern Tel: 0207 928 7377

Drinkaware Promoting responsible drinking

DRINKING & ALCOHOL Your health, your choices including alcohol calculators

Alateen Ffor teenagers in families where someone has a drink problem Tel: 0207 4030888 Web:

Drugscope The UK’s leading independent centre of expertise on drugs Tel: 0207 7928121 Web:

Drugs in Schools Helpline Tel: 0345 366666

Childine Help and support for young people on a whole range of issues Tel: 08001111

NACOA Information, advice and support for children of alcoholics

Down Your Drink To help you work out whether you're drinking too much

Truth About Booze Designed by teenagers, about the dangers of drinking

Addaction Helping individuals, families and communities to manage the effects of drug and alcohol misuse

The National Organisation for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome information and a support group

Al-Anon For families and friends of problem drinkers. Helpline: 020 740 30 888 from 10am to 10pm

ADFAM For families of alcohol and drug users. Tel: 020 7553 7640


Other Useful Resources

BBC Radio One Booze Calulator

Alcohol Concern Blog


Website and multimedia developed by